The championship streak continues for the YFZ450R. Why? Quite simply it outperforms all others. The race-ready YFZ450 pioneers adrenaline-pumping excitement that only Yamaha can deliver.
- 449cc, liquid-cooled, 5-valve (titanium valves), fuel injected single produces championship winning power
- Assist & slipper clutch reduces the effects of engine braking for more precise cornering & improved suspension function, while the assist function reduces lever effort for less arm pump & fatigue
- Fully adjustable KYB piggyback front shocks feature dual rate springs and provide 250 mm (9.8″) of wheel travel
- Long “Wide Arc” front A-arm design reduces changes in camber as the suspension travels through its full range of motion for optimum handling & suspension performance.
- Fully adjustable KYB piggyback rear shock is mated to a lightweight aluminum swingarm and provides 280 mm (11″) of wheel travel.
- Tools-free installation & removal of front & rear fenders for easier cleaning & servicing
- Roomy ergonomics for the active rider or racer, making weight shifting fast & easy
- Tapered handlebars are mounted to 4-way adjustable handlebar clamps providing a total of 30 mm (1.2″) of fore – aft adjustability.
|Liquid cooled, DOHC, 5-valve (titanium), single|
|Bore and Stroke|
|95mm x 63.4mm|
|Mikuni 42 mm throttle body F.I.|
|5-Speed with manual clutch|
|Fully adjustable, independent Wide-Arc double wishbone / KYB piggyback shocks / 250 mm (9.8") of wheel travel|
|Fully adjustable link single shock / KYB piggyback shock / 280 mm (11") of wheel travel|
|Dual 161 mm discs / twin piston calipers|
|Single wave-style 200 mm disc / twin piston caliper|
|Maxxis, AT21 x 7R10|
|Maxxis, AT20 x 10R9|
|1,795 mm (70.7")|
|1,240 mm (48.8")|
|1,065 mm (41.9")|
|1,270 mm (50.0")|
|Minimum Ground Clearance|
|115 mm (4.5")|
|1,055 mm (41.5")|
|990 mm (39")|
|810 mm (31.9")|
|184 kg (406 lb)|
|10 L (2.2 Imp. gal)|
|6 months (unlimited mileage)|